– Cut the apples into wedges.
– Cut the Malax Loaf slices into 8 pieces.
– Brown the sugar in a saucepan.
– Add the apples and Malax Loaf pieces.
– Add the butter and cook the mixture in the saucepan until it is golden brown.
– Place the mixture in a flan tin (35 cm).
– Mix the split vanilla pod, eggs and quark together.
– Pour the mixture over the apples and Malax Loaf pieces.
– Bake at 200 °C for approx. 10–15 min, or until the quark mixture has set.
– Once baked, season the tart with cinnamon, allow to cool and put spoonfuls of ice cream on top.
– Serve with caramel sauce.